In an ever-evolving world of work, training is the key to staying competitive and advancing your career. If you’re looking to boost your opportunities and acquire new skills, you’re in the right place. We’ll explore in detail the best state incentives for job training in Spain—don’t miss the opportunity to boost your professional growth! Read on to find out how you can benefit the most from these opportunities.
What kind of incentives does Spain offer for vocational training?
Law 30/2015, of September 9, provides you with exceptional job training opportunities. This is regulated by the Vocational Training System for Employment in the workplace and its approach is clear:
- Guarantee your right to training, especially if you are vulnerable.
- Promote business competitiveness.
- Strengthen the working relationship in terms of training.
- Efficient management of public resources.
1. Tailor-made job training for companies
Training actions adapted to the immediate and specific needs of companies and their employees. They can be managed by the company or through accredited entities.
2. Training offer for active workers
It covers what is not covered by the companies’ job training. It is aimed at employees and takes into account productivity, competitiveness and professional development.
3. Training for the unemployed
Actions that increase your skills and employability. Designed for the needs of the labor market and your individual needs.
4. More job training options
Includes individual permissions for your preparation and training in alternation with employment. Boost your personal and professional development according to market demands.
You may also be interested in: Opening license in Spain: how to obtain it?
What does it mean to offer business resources to your employees?
When you consider job training for your employees and individual leave, you have at your disposal a “training credit”. This is financed through bonuses on your social security contributions. While you communicate constantly, the objective of the training actions.
This credit is calculated based on the previous year’s contributions in job training. Together with an annual percentage determined in the General State Budget. In addition, they guarantee a minimum credit based on the size of your company and number of workers.
Your economic participation varies from 5% (6 to 9 employees) to 40% (250 or more employees).
Therefore, below you can review the bonuses offered by each type:
You may also be interested in: Corporate relationships in Spain: which one should I choose?
Employment incentives: hiring support
Recently, the Council of Ministers approved Royal Decree 818/2021 which regulates employment activation programs. This decree establishes the framework for Active Employment Policies (PAE) throughout the country in charge of the State Public Employment Service (SEPE) and the Autonomous Communities. And it is part of the reforms to boost employment, within the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan.
As with the incentives for job training, the Ministry of Labor and Social Economy seeks to improve the regulations. Specifically that of hiring incentives, ensuring their effectiveness.
Therefore, the regulations on subsidies and rebates on social security contributions, included in Law 43/2006, will be reviewed. Consequently, significant changes in this area are expected in the near future.
For more information on aid and bonuses according to the type of contract, visit the web page of the State Public Employment Service (Servicio Público de Empleo Estatal). Some of the job training incentives include these measures:
- Rebates on social security contributions to promote stable and indefinite-term contracts.
- Focus on vulnerable groups: women, young people, unemployed people over 45 years of age and people with disabilities.
- Discounts on temporary contracts for people with disabilities, in situations of social exclusion or victims of gender violence.
- Bonus based on the agreed working day, increased by 30%. Not more than 100%, except for disabled people in Special Employment Centers. In these cases a different job training plan operates.
Incentives for hiring by groups
- Long-term unemployed persons
- Registered in the employment office 12 months in 18 months prior to hiring.
- Full-time: Men €1,300, Women €1,500.
- Part-time: Proportional to the agreed working day.
- Special situations
- Workers in social exclusion: €600, 4 years.
- Socially excluded workers hired after 12 months with a social integration company: €1,650 (1st year), €600 (2nd, 3rd, 4th years).
- Victims of domestic violence, gender, terrorism, human trafficking: €1,500, 4 years.
- Persons with limited intellectual capacity: €1,500, 4 years.
- People with disabilities
In general: Men <45 years old €4,500, Women <45 years old €5,350, Men and Women >45 years old €5,700.
Severe disability: Men <45 years old €5,100, Women <45 years old €5,950, Men and Women >45 years old €6,300.
- Undefined conversions
- Temporary contracts with job training for disabled persons: same amounts as general contracts.
- Trainee contracts, relief, early retirement replacement: men €500, women €700, 3 years.
- Work training and apprenticeship contracts: €1,500 (any date), €1,800.
- Contracts with socially excluded workers: €600, 4 years.
- Contracts with victims of domestic violence, gender, terrorism: €1,500.
Support for your employment and labor equity
Royal Decree 818/2021 on activation programs for employment establishes a variety of aid. Generally in the form of subsidies. You, as a company, could be a beneficiary of these subsidies if you hire workers in certain situations.
The details will be established when the corresponding regulatory bases are approved. Also when they confirm their compatibility with other incentives foreseen by the regulations. The following is a summary of the most relevant characteristics of these subsidies for labor training and employment:
You may also be interested in: FDI in Spain: main sectors of opportunity
Spain provides a variety of state incentives that make job training more accessible and enriching than ever. Whether you’re considering upgrading your skills, changing careers or simply keeping up with your industry. These programs are designed to support your goals.
Learn about the latest opportunities and news on government benefits for job training by subscribing to our library. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to boost your professional future – stay up to date on the advantages the government has in store for you!